Sunday, August 5, 2012

Seasons Change

This is the time of year that I both love and dread.  Time to assess the clothing department of the kids' closets.  We are SO blessed with amazing friends and family that circulate the kids' clothing.  Right now I'm in the process of weeding out what does not fit, what we'll need for the winter, and creating a list of needed items and sizes for the fall and winter.  Consignment sales will start soon.

The part of all this that I love is that it's like Christmas in the summer:)  One of my girlfriends works at a children's shoe store and when her children outgrow their shoes she passes them down to us which means we get some pretty AWESOME shoes.  Another girlfriends' sister has only one daughter and because that daughter is a few years older than my friend's girl, we get to use the hand me down dresses first then pass them back for my friend's girl to wear.  It's a pretty sweet set up.

The dreaded part of this time of year - I have mountains of clothes and storage bins out and about until I get everything sorted.  It stresses me out slightly. 

I need to ask Numero Uno to pull the attic ladder down so I can start to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.