Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Comfort Food

I believe my downfall with losing weight is comfort food.  Rich, creamy, sweet, savory comfort food.  These usually take the form of brownies or Chocolate Xtreme blizzards or a moist chocolate bunt cake.  That last one was made by my BFF recently and I believe I could have eaten all of its moist center:)  Cheesy, creamy dishes are also make the list.

Last night I created a good meal.  A fantastic dinner and if you've read this blog much, you know this is a rare occurrence.  I made Southwestern Corn Chowder and corn casserole.  Yes, one might think, "too much corn in a meal" but not so.  The Corn Chowder had very little corn in it and to boot, it was low fat.  How awesome is it when a comfort food is low fat?  I think what attracted me to this chowder is its creamy base.  I got the recipe from Everyday Food.

Everyday Food has got to be one of my favorite publications.  This magazine stays true to its name.  You can find great recipes using the everyday food in your pantry and fridge. 

The best part of last night?  When Numero Uno came home and raved about the meal:)  And by "raved" I mean he said he liked it. 

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.