Monday, August 20, 2012

Oh the Places You will Go!

My babies are off to school.  A new place and they seemed just fine when I left them.  No clinging to me or weeping that I am not by their side.  No, perfectly content to find their seat with their name neatly printed at the top.  Is this a sign that I am a good mother and have raised well rounded children or simply the fact their thrilled to be free of me for a few hours?  I'm gonna go with the first guess.

Dos is becoming such a young man that I'm not sure I'm keeping up with his changes and growth.  I can look at him and see my baby is leaving and a young man is taking his place.  He is thinking more and more on his own and deciding what he likes and doesn't like.  I worry that I'm losing a connection with him and have to remind myself to listen to him and not force my will upon him.  He's so in his own world most of the time but I still pick up on a sensitive spirit from time to time.  How will he handle this new school?  What will he learn?  Will his teacher challenge him?  I wonder if he will share with her all his knowledge of Ninjago that he shares with me?



Tres did terrific at school - it was the ride home that started her downfall.  She has a way with words sometimes (and looks and attitude, etc., etc., etc.).  I wonder, does she know I love her?  Am I conveying it adequately to her? 


Thanks for letting me share my babies' first day of school:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.