Sunday, August 26, 2012

M.I.A.

Who knew the first week of school would be this crazy?  I certainly did not.  I've kinda dropped off the grid for a few days but maybe now I'm back on track. But we made it through and the kids had a fantastic first week of school.  It was nonstop and tiring to me but I enjoyed it.  I guess having three kids to get ready to go each morning was a little more than I anticipated.  I mean last year I had three but Uno was self-sufficient.  Now that he is back residing primarily with his mom, I still have three kids but now the third is an eight month old.  There's a difference:)  I've planned it to where I get up and get all that I need to accomplish to get Dos and Tres ready first then I feed Quattro before we all load up and go to school.  Besides having the baby to deal with, traffic is a big new issue for me.  I'm used to CCS where you leave your house, drop kids off, and be home all within 10 to 12 minutes.  Not so at CCPS.  About 45 minutes round trip in the mornings and 45 minutes round trip in the afternoons.  Big difference. 

The kids love school.  Dos thinks the lunchroom is awesome and the recess time, while Tres adores her teacher and loves nap time.  I think the reason she loves nap time is because adjusting to doing real work instead of preschool work has been a little hard for her this week.  She told me the school day was longer here than at her old school:)

In addition to the first week of school, we've had some big things happen around our house.  Wee Swap was of course this week and I worked that and shopped the sale.  We had violin and dance this week. PLUS, Tres had a big week - first week of kindergarten, she asked Jesus to come into her heart(!) (she said she had been "mean":)), she learned to tie her shoes, and she learned to ride her bike without her training wheels!  My little girl is growing up:(  Now I could get in a long discussion regarding salvation at an early age and does it really count?  Yada, yada, yada.  In a nutshell, I believe that when God starts a good work in a heart (Tres'), He will be faithful to complete it. 

I'm not sure if it is the new school year or having the older kids out of the house for a few hours but I've been busy as well this week.  Numero Uno and I moved the desk that was in the laundry room to our master bedroom.  When we built the house five years ago, I had in mind a work station that would help me direct the home.  However, I did not take into account how small the laundry room is and how much smaller it felt with a desk in it.  I will post pics later of the changed laundry room but here is the desk in our master.  I'm really excited because it already feels more spacious and inviting.  Also, we added some pallet boards as a frame and painted chalkboard paint on one side to make it look fun.  I love it!
 
I've been working hard to make good lunches and snacks for the kiddos.  I've added some fun notes in their lunches and I really enjoy hearing them talk about them when I pick them up.  It was so sweet this past week when Dos said, "thank you Mommy for my note." 
 
I would still really love to own a couple of the Planet boxes from Pottery Barn but I'm so not going to pay full price for them.  Maybe I'll hit a deal somewhere.
I also picked up some contact paper from TJ Maxx to put in my kitchen drawers.  After five years, I've decided to add some paper to my drawers.  I chose the blue clover design and have already been searching Pinterest to see what other crafts can be done with this fun paper.  Shout out to my BFF for helping me make the selection:)
 
 
Numero Uno and I also worked on a pallet project I found for the baby's room but that will wait for another post:) 
Good night and have a wonderful Monday everyone!
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.