Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Keep Up!

I believe it was Gretchen Rubin who stated in "The Happiness Project" that people are typically attracted to others that possess an attribute they themselves are trying to emulate.  I would agree with that statement.  I am completely fascinated with individuals that seem to have it all together.  Typically it's other women cause let's be honest, men are boring.  I mean show me a woman that can cook, teach her kids, volunteer at church, school, sew, sing, craft, and keep a clean house all while wearing pearls and I'm hooked!  Yes, I realize it is an illusion but it is one I'm always trying to capture. 

Therefore, busy time is upon me.  School will soon begin and so will my volunteering with the kids.  Today I met with a group of moms to brainstorm ways to assist the school's Parent Teacher Organization.  Gotta admit, it was fun and I was pumped! 



Here are a couple of the mommas chattin'.  (Who's that adorable baby?)  We had a great time and all our kiddies are the same age so they kept themselves entertained.  Yay!

Summer has truly flown by.  We completed a lot of our summer Bucket List but still have a few more activities to complete.  I really am an outgoing personality but feel like I could honestly stay in my house all day and have PLENTY to keep me busy.  So, this summer I really made an effort to plan activities that would require my kids to interact with others.  It has been a real success.  We've had more planned play dates, sleep overs, and pool parties.  Before the summer began, I sat down with the kids and ask them what they wanted to accomplish this summer then I categorized the list by activities we could do at the drop of a hat, ones that would need a little bit of planning, and ones that cost money.  Here's a pic of the jar we used to write out the activities we could do at the drop of the hat; therefore, when we had the chance, one of the kids would draw a slip of paper out and we would complete that activity. 




Now, here's the rub - I'm good at starting something but suck at the finish.  I know, I know, this is a common problem and volumes have been penned trying to offer helpful solutions.  I work to complete what I have started but am scatterbrained at best. Currently, I am trying to blog for 30 days (suppose to be in a row but that quickly went in the pooper), record my weekly food and exercise intake, follow up on some fundraising incentives, somehow get laundry under control, have kiddos read nightly to me, have Dos practice violin for 18 days in a row in order to have a water balloon fight celebration, maintain milk supply for Quattro, try to figure out how to get better pics from my camera, and sort through clothing bins in storage to prepare for fall and winter.  Other women are doing all this and more.  I've just got to figure out how to keep up!
Tres making a picture for our next door neighbor.

Dos watching TV, which is his favorite pastime and my biggest irritation:(

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.