Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Make Room for Baby

Yes, Quattro is eight months old today.  And yes, I still do not have his nursery completely decorated.  It's a work in progress.  A slow, slow, work in progress.  We didn't find out what we were having so I first had to pick a color.  I chose a soft green that was labeled "Rainforest..." something I forget the rest.  Then my man put up whatever bedding he liked which happened to be the boy bedding we had and lo and behold, we had a boy.  My decor was kinda hit and miss.  I mean I had a good foundation but it's the details that needed to be addressed.  Finally, I'm getting to it:)  I feel like there are two more things I would like to do that would be the final touches.  1.  Buy a blue rug since there are blue accent pieces and 2.  Create some more paper towel roll wall art as a kind of mural for the room. 
This last week I added (and by me I mean, Numero Uno) paper lanterns above the crib which create a beautiful and delicate focal point.  Then Sunday we collaborated to create a wall hanging made from an old pallet.
My dad had an OLD pallet at his farm that was sitting in the burn pile.  After I ask him if I could have it, he sweetly pulled the boards apart for me.  Of course with my new love for Pinterest I found some amazing ways to upcycle pallets.  I painted and Numero Uno hung the finished product.  I think it turned out well and looks great against the green wall.  I simply used paint that we had stored in the garage from other household projects.  To complete this project was very encouraging to me since it was OH SO SIMPLE.  What do you think of the finished product?

It might look better in the daylight:)  I shot this photo while Quattro was asleep. 

Now I need to go back over my pins and see what other projects I can do.  Really, I would like to do another wall hanging in the living room since I have some more boards left.

What projects have you done around your house lately?  What inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.