Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ramblings of a Mom

Have you noticed that: a.  I have not blogged for 31 consecutive days about Motherhood?  and b.  pretty much each of my blog posts are about Motherhood?  These are just thoughts I am thinking this evening.
Ever wondered what your home is going to be like when the kids are gone?  Now I don't mean like, "Yippee!  The kids are outta the house!" But I mean what will the physical home look like?  What will your relationship with your spouse look like?  What will you identify yourself as once the kids are gone? 
The moment I had Dos I felt like a missing piece to the puzzle called my life had been found.  I felt a sense of wholeness and purpose unlike any other time in my life.  Therefore, I already know that once Quattro leaves my home I'm gonna have some real identity crisis issues to work on.  For this reason I am working really hard now to protect my relationship with Numero Uno  in order to keep him as my numero uno. 
I'll be honest, I wonder "what am I gonna do with myself?"  I've worked in a career where I felt unmotivated and dissatisfied.  Motherhood has been my greatest joy.  As cheesy as it sounds, this is a joy I wish all people could experience.  I LOVE being with my kids, interacting with them, volunteering in their classrooms, holding my baby close as he goes to sleep, making supper for them, listening as they read to me, praying with them at night. Will this love and passion simply be rerouted to being a support to my adult children?  I hope so.  I enjoy the relationship I have with my Mom and can see how she still steps in and offers help.  And I appreciate that.  I want to do the same for my kids.  I wanna be the Mom that helps plan the weddings, shops with my adult kids, go to grandkids' sporting activities, go to consignment sales for my grandkids. 
What steps do you take right now to protect your marriage relationship?  How do you prepare yourself for the transition of an empty nest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.