Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Intentional

Thought I would start the blog with a picture of this sweet pea.  This is Quattro in the hospital.  He looks quite different now and man how the time has FLOWN by.  I miss him.  Isn't that crazy to miss a child that you have?  I guess I miss the fact that I will never have another baby in my home.  I do realize he's still a baby and I am thankful each day for him.  It's just my newborn is gone.  Maybe I'm also a little sad because I believe he is weaning himself.  This is a good thing.  I mean I don't want to be the mom that has a two year old still nursing.  I was just hoping I would wean him at 12 months but I can really see he's just not much interested anymore at almost 10 months.  I'm still proud of myself for going this long:)

Now onto intentionality...To be intentional is to do something deliberately.  A calculated plan is a good description of being intentional.  To live intentionally is a thought I am mulling over in my mind.  If I was honest with myself, here lately I've only half way been intentional about my day or about my kids or my marriage relationship.  I have big dreams but I do not always map out the best way to achieve them.  I am a believer that a tremendous amount can be accomplished simply by setting your mind to it.   What an amazing blessing I have to set a goal and see it through. 
I have to make calculated plans to make sure we eat well, arrive to school on time, are polite to one another, practice our music lessons, keep a somewhat clean house.  There is a lot of intentional living to be done. 
What are my intentions?  To raise kind, compassionate children.  To be in and maintain a loving relationship with my spouse. 
What are your intentions?  How are you progressing with your deliberate plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.