Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Reading

Numero Uno and I have joined a summer small group (which is a group from church that meets to discuss a book, like a book club).  In this group we have fostered the discussion of hopes and dreams.  One of my dreams is to write a book; however, I will be the first to let you in on the secret that I have no clue what I will one day write about.  Nevertheless, one day I will write a book...maybe.
One of my possible themes for composure - consistency.  To see how far this baby goes I'm going to blog for 30 days.  That's it.  That's all. Thirty days of blogging.  Today is day 1.
For the past couple of summers I have taken the book lists from the program "Five In A Row" and read them to Dos and Tres.  We are doing this again this summer but in addition they are reading from beginner readers to me daily.  I am really concerned about making sure Dos is right on track for first grade.  How much reading skills should a potential first grader possess?  I hope the daily reading will put him on the right track for when school begins.  As always, I welcome input.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.