Saturday, July 21, 2012

Come and Get It!

I like to observe, read about, and listen to others in areas they are good at.  I get my kicks from seeing something new to me and trying to implement it in my life if I believe it will be a benefit. 
Supper.  The one meal I'm always trying to work on. I have come to the understanding that the grandma's of this world that are amazing cooks were in all probability not born with this ability to whip something together but I gotta tell ya, if I'm gonna be one of those grandma's I've got a ways to go.
I really believe there should be some award out there for the amount of effort I put in to creating a good tasting meal and still coming up with "blah".  While tasting tonight's bland meal, an idea hit me.  I need to get a recipe box and start listing out the meals that I know I can cook and that my family enjoys.  Then I can look at branching out from there. 

1 comment:

  1. Good idea. I use a 5x7 size spiral bound journal where I write out all of our tried & true recipes. Not just those I've discovered, but it includes my dad's famous recipes (chicken & dressing, chicken & dumplings, cornbread, etc) and my MIL's carrot cake, ice cream recipes, etc. We would totally out of sorts if we were to lose that book!

    But I also had to recently create a new process for recipes that I want to try that haven't made it into the book yet. I purchased a soft cover three ring binder and some divider tabs. I took all of the print outs and torn out magazine pages I've been stashing for years and put them in the front of the binder. After I try a recipe, I think file it behind a tab (appetizer, dessert, main entree, etc) if it's a keeper. I put notes on it for ways I might change it. If the recipe doesn't thrill me then I just throw it away :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.