Thursday, July 19, 2012

Violin

Being the Duggar groupie that I am it will come as no surprise that I have wanted my kiddos to play the violin.  Therefore this year, Dos started violin lessons with an amazing teacher.  He adores her and she is SO good with him.  He enjoys the lessons.  Practicing, well...practicing is another issue entirely.

I have read and reread all the Suzuki materials that emphasize practice should not be negative or dreaded.  And I get the concept; however, I do not get how to have a successful practice.  Some days are great but others Dos wants to do minimal and call it quits.  Does he want to quit violin?  No, (I've asked him) he just doesn't want to put the time in to practice.  Any pointers?  How do you engage a six year old into practicing pieces over and over? 

1 comment:

  1. I just began reading my blogs again :) Plan to read you every day. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.