Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Grocery Day

For the past several months my mother and I have been going every other week to Publix.  As I've stated in previous posts, Publix is my favorite grocery store.  I feel like it is very user friendly whereas Kroger still intimidates me.  I believe I feel that way because I'm not really sure of their coupon policy.  My mom is learning how to coupon and I am able to get a 5% discount with her at Publix on Wednesdays.

I have been seriously couponing for a couple of years now.  Although I have been couponing I would not classify myself as an "extreme couponer".  I would like to know the details of how those couponers can get such major deals!  However, we did save more than we spent today:)

My grocery list is created on southern savers and I base what my purchases will be by what is on sale for that week.  Only buying items that are on sale is on the 10 Commandments list of couponers. After my list is created through southern savers, I copy and paste my list into a word document then add all of my "needed" items.  "Needed" items are items such as milk, bread, eggs.  I do get my bread from the local bread thrift store. 

Once I have my grocery list created then I make my menu plan.  The Project Girl has some cool menu planner graphics.  My menu plan is for two weeks at a time.  I am always looking for easy and frugal dinner ideas.  Two websites that I am using as of late are: 5dollardinners and Food Network's Sandra's Money Saving Meals. What are some tried and true menus in your household?  What do you cook when you're in a pinch?

It goes without saying that on Wednesdays, I'm tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.