Friday, April 30, 2010

A Whole New World!

Okay, I have been using coupons for about a month now.  I was slow to get started, even at the prodding of friends, because I am a tight wad when it comes to groceries and I was using the generic brand always.  I thought that I simply could not possibly save more money than I already was.  Boy,was I WRONG!  I have done a few things to help our grocery situation: 1.  I switched from buying at Wal-Mart to buying from Publix  2.  I get a Birmingham News every Sunday  3.  I use Southern Savers to help navigate the best combination of sales and coupons 4. I check out various blogs that promote coupon use and 5. I participate in any online surveys I can.  A big thanks goes to my BFF for hooking me up with all her left over coupons!  They have been a big help.
So how does it measure up for the first month?  I was thinking today that I believe I have saved around $230 in this first month. And on top of that fact, we are eating great name brand groceries (stuff I would have never splurged on before).   But to me that's not even the best part.  The best part is...THE FREEBIES!
So far, I have received free:
1.  A 4 x 6 Magnetic Photo (of my kids) from CVS...value $6.99
2.  Pro-Clinical Colgate toothpaste...value $3.99
3.  A roll of Bounty paper towels...value $2.50 (guessing) Visit the Couponing to Get out of Debt blog for more info.
4.  Carefree Pantyliners...value .94
5.  Reach Floss...value .99
Now I feel slightly like an addict in the sense that I can't wait to see what else I can get for free.  I can't even list all of the items I've received for $1 or less.  This is a whole new world and I hope I can use my knowledge to help pay for our own Disney trip plus put a stop to our bad spending habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.