Friday, April 16, 2010

Angry

I watched 20/20 tonight - not always the best idea for me considering it usually scares me.  The story tonight was of a seven year old girl abducted in broad daylight and killed.  Her murderer?  A sex offender.  So at the prompting of the TV host, I went online to locate sex offenders in my area.  Completely amazed at the numbers.  I then took the addresses of the ones that I knew were close to my house and mapquested their addresses.  What I found was disturbing.  There are four sex offenders near my house - very upsetting.  What is even more upsetting is that some of the registered sex offenders are living within a couple of houses of each other or possibly right next door based on the given addresses.  Are there no restrictions on where sex offenders live?  If everyone knows the saying of "one bad apple spoils the whole bunch" then what good can come of two or more sex offenders living near each other?  Knowing the stats of sex related crimes, this is repetative (sp?) in nature so why would the law allow them to reside SO close to each other?  Another shocking revelation is the age of the offenders and the age of the victims.  Several offenders are in their late 60's early 70's!  Come on, what is up with these old men?  And the victims?  There were victims as young as four years old both male and female.  My heart BREAKS for them.  I am so completely angry.

2 comments:

  1. Totally frustrating! I don't like to look at the Sex Offender registry and map, but its necessary. Remember these are only the supposed addresses of the REGISTERED/CONVICTED ones. What about the ones who haven't been caught yet?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I don't like to think about the ones not caught. But I thought I better be familar with at least the ones living nearby.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.