Thursday, January 7, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Extremely cold weather and snow which is rare for Alabama has drove our family over to my parents' place. In the event that our house lost power, we would have no back up heat. However, my parents have natural gas hook-up, so here we are! Unfortunately the snow, cold, and ice are keeping me from completing my resolution for the day. This will be the first day of the new year that I have not walked my dogs:( In a way I'm kinda relieved that I'm not walking. Bama walks extremely fast and my little legs (I'm only 4'10") do double time to keep up and my shins hurt. I keep forgetting to do a light stretch before the walk.
Due to the temperatures not getting above freezing for the next 48 hours, we may be with my parents for a while. I would love to say that my personality is accepting of whatever personalities surround me but alas I find myself tense and stressed when things do not go my way. Needless to say, I do a lot of praying around family. Understand, the praying is for ME, that I will be kind; that I will be a servant instead of demanding my own way; that I will speak kindly to people I love.
I'll keep you posted on how it turns out:)
-The List Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.