Monday, January 28, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Can it really be called spring cleaning if I'm doing it in the winter?  I repinned this pin from Oprah.com the other day and have been using it as a cleaning guide. 
Pinned Image
I believe the title stated something like Spring Cleaning in 8 Hours.  Of course, I was hooked.  Wow, spring cleaning done in 8 hours?  Well I'm six hours in and seriously doubt I will be done in two more hours.  However, the article provides some really good info. 
I worked three hours on Friday on the Kids' room (Dos and Tres'), the main hallway, the kids' bathroom, and the kitchen.  I worked an hour on the Living Room, Dining Room, Laundry room and side hallway on Saturday and about two hours today on the Toy Room and finishing the windows of the Living and Dining Rooms.  I believe the plan would work best for a one bedroom, one bath home.  With a four bedroom, two and a half bath home I'm still working the plan.  I have yet to complete: the Master bedroom and en suite bathroom, half bath, Uno's bedroom, and Quattro's bedroom.  I'm not sure if I could get everything done in eight straight hours due to the size of the house but also I would really need to have the house all to myself for eight straight hours and I'm just not sure that is possible. 
What I do like about this plan is that the author tells you in what order to work your rooms.  For example, in the Kids' Room I:
1.  Dusted the fan, wiped down the walls, and vacuumed.
2.  Aired the room out by raising the windows.
3.  Stripped the beds and flipped the mattresses.
4.  Put on new sheets.
5.  Wiped down the baseboards and washed them.
6.  Swept the floors.

We put the house on the market this Friday.  We are still on the fence as to whether we should list it for sale by owner or with a realtor.  Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.