Thursday, January 10, 2013

Progress Report

As eternal as the comments are of "time flies", I still am amazed at how quickly the days pass.  It has already been over a week since my last post.  I want to accomplish each of my B-SHAGS this year but am a little overwhelmed at which process to pursue to accomplish these goals. I have just been incredibly hungry for knowledge about people that have experienced success in there lives.  What methods worked for them?  What character traits do they possess?  I recently checked out Good to Great from the library.  It is one of Dave Ramsey's recommended books. I'm very excited about the information provided in the book. 

My sister recently informed me that ADD is hereditary.  After talking to her, things that I have always found odd behavior for my family, I'm now considering, "do we all have ADD?"  If I do have ADD, I would find humor in this considering I was a special education teacher for six years.  One would think I would have identified myself before now:)  So in using the term loosely I now can kinda understand why my thoughts jump from subject to subject and why I seem to have a difficult time completing mundane tasks. For now, what have I been doing?  I made a schedule for my daily routine.  I got to thinking, elementary teachers usually list out their daily routine so the kids will know what to expect out of the day so why not do that myself?  And it's really helped.  I started with what time I need to get up in the morning all the way through til when I need to get in bed.  Now I know there is always something for me to be doing. 

Weight Loss is being monitored but my progress is dismal at this point.  I'm not sure why I do this but I get pretty angry when having to watch what I eat.  I know this is a good move for me but until I see some real results, I'm typically ill until then - poor Numero Uno.  I did work out this week and have stopped eating by 7:30 p.m. each day.  We'll see how I do when I weigh in this Saturday.  My family and friends have been very encouraging which I take as a blessing from the Lord.  I know they all want to see me healthier.  My Fitness Pal is still a big source of help for me. 

As far as selling our home, I am working on decluttering the house and getting it ready to put on the market.  I am following A Bowl Full of Lemons 14 week program.  This woman is amazing!  I will admit though I still struggle with being paralyzed with a feeling of being overwhelmed when I look at my clutter.  Right now I'm working on my garage and I will say this website has encouraged me to buy more storage containers, label more, and throw away or donate what I do not use.  I have already made two trips this week to the local thrift store to make donations:)  I will try to post some pics before this week is up. 

I would like to set up a better method of progress tracking.  Hopefully, I will accomplish that task this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.