Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Painted My Nails

One would think that upon return from a refreshing Mom's conference that birds would sing as I wake in the morning and help me as I tidy up my house.  It would be appropriate to think all is well in my role as mom.  Ah, but it isn't so.  I feel like I am digging myself out of an avalanche with a kid-sized shovel.  I am so glad I heard Jen Hatmaker say, "Glean God's Word in the morning because by midday you may have run out of God's Word from the day before."  Too true. 
Today was not a good day for Tres.  She very much likes rules, guidelines, order, a plan.  Does she sound like anyone you know? :)  And with these likes comes anxiety when things do not go well.  Enter me.  Her mother.  The one who has a life goal of being places on time.  I'm 33 and it's still a life goal, hence, I do not get to places on time.  Something takes over me when I know there is a deadline, a time frame.  I begin to think I have all the time in the world.  What is my problem???  Needless to say, we were late today.  I mean, LATE.  The kids made it in the school door in the nick of time.  However, on the way home I realized it's Wednesday.  Library day.  Guess where the book was?  By the time I got home and emailed the teacher that I had forgotten Tres' book, her teacher had emailed me saying Tres had tried to hold back the tears as long as she could but she was terribly upset about forgetting her book.  When I arrived at school at lunchtime (yes, lunchtime.  it took me that long to get dressed, baby fed, etc.) I noticed Tres was eating a hot lunch.  Strange because I had packed her lunch in a mad rush this morning.  Obviously in the panic of getting in the doors on time this morning, she forgot her lunch in the vehicle.  I had to love on her at lunch because her poor fragile heart just about couldn't take all the craziness. 
Well the whole avalanche feeling comes from the fact that I feel like I'm not making any progress in the cleaning of my home because I'm doing the same basic jobs over and over.  However, today was a little like a slap in the face or a good kick in the pants because tonight my kids were in bed on time, their clothes are ironed for tomorrow, and lunches are ready, waiting in the fridge, and backpacks are by the door.  Tomorrow will be a better day.  Right?
Oh, and by the way....How did this turn into
this???? He will be 9 months on Friday:(
 
Thought I'd throw one in of Dos for good measure.  Here he is at the Cub Scouts.  It's official, he's a Tiger Cub.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.