Monday, September 24, 2012

When An Object's in Motion It Stays in Motion

I may be a little far reaching here to try and incorporate some physics into the blog, but hey, it's what I bring to the table:)
The work of a mom is constant.  I'm not sure when there is a down time.  And truth be told, I like knowing I have a job to do.  That there is a task at hand.  What I do not like is the hamster wheel of my daily tasks.  Having said that, I have a plan.
I pin numerous articles and tidbits on organization.  Might I add here that I am fascinated that I can learn new things DAILY?  So for today I learned two things: 1.  NEVER use water when cleaning a bathroom.  Dry, clean rags only.  2.  Decorative contact paper on a soup can will be my new pencil holder.  Oh yeah, I can tell your impressed.  However, all my pins really only support my existing knowledge of what needs to be done.  I simply need to do it.
Starting tomorrow, I will use Flylady's zones to help me take one day each this week to tackle that "zone" in a detailed manner.  Flylady has her 5 zones and I have added some to her guidelines.  So, if there are five work days and five zones then I can do a little deep cleaning of each zone while the kids are at school.  The first zone is out of luck considering the kids were out of school today and I had this "Aha" moment today. 
My Five Zones:
1.  Entrance and Kids' Room
2.  Kitchen and Toy room
3.  Living Room and Laundry Room
4.  Other Kids' Rooms and 2 Baths
5.  Master Bedroom and Bath

According to the above list, tomorrow I will be working on my kitchen and toy room. The two most challenging rooms in my house.  Okay, if truth be told the toy room and the laundry room would be the two most challenging rooms in my house due to their amazing ability to collect STUFF. 
The goal for tomorrow is "get in, get out, take no prisoners!"
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.