Saturday, September 1, 2012

Nothing-on-the-schedule Saturdays & Milk

I absolutely love the day and age I live in.  How else would I survive as a wife and mom without a quick reference to Pinterest or a blog?  Today for example, I am armed with the spring cleaning list from Pinterest and checked my calendar to see there is nothing on it for today.  Cleaning here I come!  (Yes, I have to pump myself up to get the task done). 
I sit here as I eat my fiesta scrambled eggs after being inspired by watching The Pioneer Woman's Frontier Fiesta show, contemplating my plan of attack on the crazy, messy house.  Am slightly nervous at the moment since Quattro just woke up 45 minutes early from his nap.
....so, I tackled my day and managed to:
1.  Change two poopy diapers along with multiple wet ones.
2.  Spend at least 10 minutes on each room of the house (including hallways).
3.  Tackle a set in grease stain and get it out!
4.  Remain calm with my kids ( I believe I owe this to turning off the TV after Pioneer Woman and not allowing my kids to veg out all day long in front of the TV).
5.  Frosted Numero Uno's cake.
6.  Cooked supper.  The supper was a flop but the act of us sitting down together and celebrating Numero Uno's birthday was my favorite part of today.  Plus, we did family game night where we put each family members name in a bowl and whomever's name is drawn out first he/she gets to pick out what game we play then we keep drawing names until every member has selected a game for the family to play.  Fun!!

Now this morning when I started this post I also wanted to talk about Dos' lactose intolerance issues but right now, I'm wanting to go to bed:)

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.