Sunday, September 23, 2012

Unpacking

Coming home from a trip usually means my bag will sit at the foot of my bed unpacked for a week and I will pull from it what is needed but never fully unpack until it's long overdue.  Well I just got home last night so if I unpack the bag tomorrow, I won't be doing too bad.  Besides my physical bag to unpack I feel there are a LOT of "nuggets" of wisdom I am to unpack from this conference. 

I believe the last women's conference I went on was in 2005.  To say that this dot MOM was needed would be an understatement. I believe half my fulfillment came from laughing with my friends. 
 
There are several women authors that spoke and I have found some new people and books to love!  Jen Hatmaker has got to be my new favorite.  She spoke in a main session then I attended one of her breakout sessions.  Wow!  She's good and funny and right to the heart of Christianity.  I enjoyed hearing her tremendously.  Jen shared her recent journey of adoption.  She already had three biological children and added two children from Ethiopia.  I have so many notes from her.  I wrote as fast as I could because she was saying such good stuff.  She said she's come to the point of asking, "Why are we blessing the blessed?"  Meaning there is a WORLD out there that is in poverty - reach out.  My current goal is to show and foster generosity in my children - in our community and globally.  I have some ideas but will wait til another time to post.  Another speaker asked, "What 5 things do you want your daughter to possess?"  As I listed the five things out, the speaker added, "then make sure those five things are in you."  Ouch!  I realized much of my focus has been on the exterior but what I want, I mean REALLY want for my children, are the things that can only be found on the interior, their hearts.  My prayer for my kids, husband, and myself is that our character reflects the character of Christ.  This will be a long and difficult road but I believe one that will be well worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.