Friday, May 21, 2010

When it rains...

Have been really trying to focus (intensely) on how we're going to pay for Disney.  Low and behold at a moment when I felt overwhelmed at bills and the total cost of the trip, my man's car breaks down.  In my true selfish nature, I want God to solve all of our problems right away - miraculously fix the car, sale our off-the-market house, pay our way to Disney, provide perfect weather, yada, yada, yada.  Why do I even stress about this stuff?  My life is GREAT!  My prayer requests aren't "Lord, heal my sick child" or "Lord, my man ain't got no job, please help us out".  No, we are not in that shape, praise God and I am well aware of the glorious blessings He has bestowed on me.  And yet I am still praying for the car-healing, house-selling, Disney-paying prayers.  Am I shallow?  Or is this really what He wants to hear about, my everyday desires? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.