Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cha-Ching!

I went to CVS yesterday and Publix today!  I am super pumped about these trips - I did very well:)  I'm pretty certian Numero Uno is tired of hearing about my savings but I can't keep quiet! 

So, I had $2 Extra Care Bucks (ECB) from a previous CVS trip and I purchased Herbal Essance Shampoo which is on sale plus I had a $1 coupon.  Also, I bought Col-gate Pro Clinical toothpaste on sale and had another $1 coupon.  Now each of these items gave me $2 ECB back.   Then I purchased the Scott Paper Towel mega rolls and the Crystal Renuzits which were both on sale and I had a $1 and $3 respectively coupon for these items (plus my just earned $4 ECB).  I walked out of there with $25 (not including tax) worth of product for $5.31 (including tax!).  Southern Savers is right, Sam's Club will become absolete for me:)


Now for today's Publix... I found I heart Publix online and enjoy looking at her info because she generally post Publix's weekly ads before Southern Savers.  Anyway, I made a list of what I wanted from I heart Publix and lined up all my corresponding coupons.  By the way, I want to give a BIG "Thank You!" to my BFF for hooking me up with all her leftover coupons - they were awesome!  Then this morning I looked on the Southern Saver website for any deals I might of missed and I'm glad I did because she noted several FREE items that I did not have on my list.  Unfortunately, three of the free items (Women's Nivea Body Wash, Hydro 3 razor, and Hydro 3 shave gel) are out of stock.  But I did get 3 packs of Carefree Liners for free!  You can't beat free, baby.  For my two weeks worth of groceries plus toiletries and teacher gifts, I walked out of there spending $161, which breaks down into $80 a week.  I haven't spent $80 a week on groceries from Wal-Mart in a LONG time.  My coupons and special store savings came to $85!  Therefore, I got $246 worth of groceries for $161! 


And by the way, I earned $4 in Amazon.com gift cards this week just by completing a couple of surveys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.