Wednesday, December 12, 2012

On a Mission

I am not opposed to cooking it's just that usually when I think to cook is when I am absolutely starving.  By that time, I'm ready to eat butter from the tub!  No, I wouldn't do that. I just gagged thinking about eating butter from the tub.  My point is, I'm not patient enough to plan out and make a meal each night.  And Monday and Tuesdays are crazy with kid activities then Wednesday is grocery day.  Fridays and Sundays fly by. So let's see, I will plan and make a meal on Thursdays and Saturdays.  My family is out of luck the rest of the week:)

So, I like so many others, pin as many "crock pot" meals as I can.  Tonight I actually took the time to look through one of my boards and check out these pins.  Honestly, I was disappointed.  I think my disappointment lies in the fact that I interpret the words "crock pot" to mean magic genie that will cook for me.  Most of the recipes are stews and soups.  Do your kids like lots of stews and soups?  Cause mine do not.

Before I had kids of my own, I sold Mary Kay briefly and I kept my contacts in a plastic container with lettered dividers.  Now I use the container to hold recipes that I absolutely love.  I mean ABSOLUTELY LOVE.  I can't stand to hold on to frivolous, only-cooked-once recipes.  I'm slowly making a collection of the tried and trues. 

After my Pinterest searches I have come up with four - count them - four recipes.  Like I said, I was disappointed with my pins.  And one of my recipes is not for the crock pot.  Here's what I've found:
1.  Chicken Fajitas
2.  Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
3.  Creamy Chicken Picatta (The Pioneer Woman)
Pioneer Woman is amazing- Creamy chicken piccata.

4.  Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps

Obviously we like a lot of chicken at my house.  Chicken is a meat I know my kids will eat.  I have even been guilty of telling my kids that they were eating chicken when in fact they were eating pork.
When I was a preteen and my mom worked full time, she did once a month cooking.  I remember how nice it was to just go to the freezer and pull out a meal to pop in the oven.  I am contemplating attempting to cook in one day our meals for two weeks.  Contemplating would be the key word here.  I am now trying to compile a good list of meals I want to cook.  I'll keep you informed on how that goes:)
What are your recipes that you ABSOLUTELY LOVE and use time and again with your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.