Wednesday, November 21, 2012

We Just Might Make It

Took Dos and Quattro to the doctor today.  Since getting Tres' results of the flu back yesterday,  I figured I better get the boys to the doc before Turkey Day.  Neither one of them have the flu but Dos has run a low grade fever off and on with a lot of sneezing and runny nose. 
As I sit at my laptop, looking at a clean house, I am thankful for a lot:
1.  God gave me the strength to do a major overhaul on cleaning and disinfecting the house.  I can't even tell you how many loads of laundry I've done today.  But I can tell you all of our beds have new sheets and clean comforters on them. 
2.  Thankful for insurance.  Numero Uno made the move to his current employer eight years ago and I was skeptical.  For the life of me, I do not know why other than it was change and change makes me nervous.  It has been a great company with great benefits.  However, Tamiflu, even after insurance coverage still cost us $75!
3.  Thankful for an amazing husband who stood beside me today helping wherever it was needed.  I love the partnership he and I share.  I was busy cleaning and he would help with the little one or I would be feeding one kiddo and he would be helping the others. I feel like I can conquer the world with him by my side:)

Tomorrow we will have a makeshift dinner here with just us.  I'm about to map out when to start cooking each of my menu items and I'm pretty excited cause I'm gonna peruse The Pioneer Woman's site to see what recipes she has to share:)  Now if I can just hold off any sickness coming my way....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.