Monday, January 3, 2011

The Future

I'm not sure I will label any of my decisions for this year as "resolutions".  Are there goals I have for this year?  Most definitely.  Will there be changes made?  Absolutely.  But will they be resolutions?  I don't think so.  Or if they are I am camouflaging them under another name:) 

1.  What do I want to focus on in the coming year?  My fingers hesitate to type my first response...peace with God.  When one says such a thing isn't the norm to be slammed with trials and tragedy?  I have kept a safe distance from God this past year.  Not wanting to get too close for fear He may want to invade some private space.  But I was reminded yet again yesterday at church that He has power that I need.  He can move mountains that I can only kick.  If I had the power to speak one statement over this desire, it would be:  I will be a friend of God's and He will be a kind, loving friend to me.

So, my many small ideas for the new year?
Me and my sister are starting a workout program tomorrow.  My goal is to lose 10% of my weight.  Meaning I simply have 11 more pounds to go since I lost four pounds while being sick last week. (Good news - it wasn't the flu)
Numero Uno and I are hitting Dave Ramsey hard this year.  First step?  Emergency fund.  I'm excited to see the progress we will make. We already know there are going to be some difficult decisions that will not be understood by our friends or family that lie ahead.
Play outside with my kids on a regular basis.
Swap out processed foods for natural choices which in turn will allow me to provide better food choices for my kids. 
Get pregnant and have a beautiful and healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.