Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Family's Outta the House!

I have a moment all to myself!  Everyone is out to get a Christmas movie to watch.  Things are going really great for me right now.  This time of year is most enjoyable to me.  I get to pause and reflect and plan for the future all during this time.  One would think that this would be a stressful time but I don't feel that way at all.  My presents are purchased and wrapped.  We're together as a family.  No school obligations so I can focus on each task at hand plus plan for the upcoming new year.

I've been enjoying my December issue of Whole Living and there are some great topics I would like to post about.  There are also a couple of big issues in my life I would like to devote some posts to in the new year.  Whole Living poses some very good reflective questions to get me thinking about where I've been, where I am, and where I'm going.  Currently, I'm overall happy.  There are a couple of issues I'm unhappy with but have hope.  No hope is a bad place to be so with hope I can hang in there. 

We had Christmas today at Granny and Pawpaw's.  I can honestly say that as far as gifts go, this was the best year yet!  In the past I have received some doozy from the in-laws but the thought was nice.  I know that probably sounds pretty harsh but there were some things I've received that I just had no clue as to what to do with.  Maybe after seven years of marriage plus the two years of dating and engagement, my in-laws are familiar enough with my likes and dislikes.  I will give props to my mother-in-law for always getting me something practical that I would like to have but would not put the money into it (i.e. knife set, nice bed sheets, nonstick skillet). 

This year I got a complete set of Tupperware mixing bowls along with a complete set of lunch bowls with lids and cups with lids.  I tried to find a picture of the cups on the site but had no luck.  They really are great cups!  My kids feel like their big kids using them and I feel safe that they won't leak.  We also received half a cow!!  I'm very pumped about this:)  We will receive a minimum of 150 pounds of beef.  Do you know how much money that will save us over the course of the year?  Super excited about that!  Plus the biggie with the kids this year is they each got one big gift they wanted: Uno got a Bruder brand Catepillar Excevator; Dos received a portable DVD player (I stood in line at Target on Black Friday for this one); and Tres received a beautifully carved, sturdy wooden high chair for her baby dolls.  Granny and Pawpaw also gave them each a new set of pajamas (very cute and great gift).  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.