Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Preparations


We have been busy, busy at my house.  Numero Uno has worked hard to get all my outdoor decorations up while I have worked on the trees inside plus I have already started wrapping presents.  With over 60 gifts to give, I have to start now.  My BFF will have a Wrapping Party in a couple of weeks but there's no way I would be able to get it all done.  I will admit I'm pretty pumped about being conservative on my spending for my decorations.  All three of my trees have been passed down from my mother-in-law and the ribbons and lights and ornaments have been collected over the years. 


Currently I am trying to make an Advent Calendar for the kiddies.  My biggest problem is I start looking at everyone else's ideas and over think what I'm going to do instead of just doing it.  Tip Junkie has a lot of great ideas.  However, I feel slightly overwhelmed when looking at the crafts that these ladies have made.  I am going to look in my scrapbook bag and see if there are any materials that I can use.

I head over to my mom's for the next couple of days to help her decorate her house.  I think I am actually ahead of schedule as far as where I was last year.  For some reason I didn't get my decorations up right after Thanksgiving last year. 

I still am looking for some more good deals for Christmas gifts.  I would like to find a couple of more gifts for Numero Uno plus I'm in need of gifts for his parents.  If any of you have any suggestions on good in-law's gifts, I'm all ears.


Couponing to Disney still seems to post the best and latest deals for me so far.  I got Dos and Tres suitcases from the Disney Store for only $12 a piece.  I got a couple of toys from Target the other day but I'm uncertain if I will say those are from Santa or use them as Great Granny's gifts.  Numero Uno's grandmother gives us money each year to buy the kids gifts, then we wrap them, bring them to her house, and let the kids open them in front of her.  It works out pretty well.  
I am so relieved to have the Auction behind me so that now I can focus on the Christmas holidays.  I think after Christmas my next major focus will be on Dave Ramsey.  I seriously need to incorporate some of his Baby Steps into my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.