Friday, December 17, 2010

Holiday "To Do" List


I can not believe it is already the 17th of December!  We are down to the "crunch time" - the time that if you blink you will miss the entire Holiday season.  I did create an Advent Calendar for the kids and it has been a huge success.  The calendar does create an atmosphere of hope and expectation.  Through the calendar I've daily been able to direct and redirect focus on the true reason for this holiday celebration.


The kids have not been slack on reminding me each morning to pull off a new slip on their calendar and count down the days.  As far as my "To Do" list, I'm pretty much finished with gift shopping.  I have five gifts remaining and I already know what to get, it's just a matter of picking them up.  For Dos and Tres' classmate gifts:  I ended up buying large bags for each student to use to store their goodies from the class party.  Since that endeavor cost more than I originally intended to spend on classmate gifts, the bags replaced student gifts, "Ta da!"


I guess my list would look like this:
1.  Purchase remaining gifts.
2.  Clean my house for holiday entertaining.
3.  Make a list of any and all food items for upcoming gatherings.
4.  Make food items.

Finally, I'm really pumped about Numero Uno's gifts this year.  Normally, I do a poor job of finding him something and normally it's just one item.  But this year I got him three gifts.  Grant it, they are all small but I'm impressed with my planning.  I really think the Couponing to Disney blog has kept me on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.