Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nothing New Under the Sun

I am sure that every blogger questions her motives as to why to start a blog. Me? I am doing so now. Why do I blog? My husband doesn't like the idea of me putting my thoughts and feelings all online. I have told no one I blog except my BFF. And I'm not even transparent in my blog, I keep everything "cutesy and nice" for fear that someone who might read what I have to say might possibly think, "she's not a good Christian". So, why do I blog? What sense of satisfaction comes from strangers reading my thoughts? Do I not have enough people in my life to tend to and maintain relationships as it is already without adding numerous unknowns? (Slightly tickled that I think there are "numerous unknowns" reading my blog)
I had an English teacher who use to say "there is nothing new under the sun" and tonight however depressing it may seem for me, there is nothing new under the sun. Here I am again - overweight, in a time of extreme productivity which means I can not calm down to sleep which will eventually lead to me dropping the ball somewhere then getting behind to attempt to try and catch up with my list and be productive. Is there no happy medium?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.