Sunday, December 13, 2009

Green Acres IS THE Place for Me!

No cute pics today, just a simple rambling which I am very good at and for some reason think that others out there want to hear. Deep down I want the farm, the seven kids (yes, seven), the land, the shop my husband has always wanted, the cloth diapers, the large family-sustaining garden, children who have a strong work ethic, respectful children who love mom and dad and grow up to be extremely productive citizens and amazing world changing Christians. I love the scripture that says Abraham died in peace and as crazy as it sounds - that's what I want - to live this amazingly long full life and to die in PEACE.
Now, if all of this sounds good then why isn't it happening? We have had our house up for sale for nine months no takers. It seems like me and my man have the same ideas (except for the seven kids - still workin' on him:) but this mortgage is killing us. Did we bite off more than we can chew? Heck yeah! but we've learned the lesson now can we move on?
I read last night in Haggai, (yes, a random Old Testament book which I am reading Old Testament books at the pleading of a friend whom assures me I can get to know the loving character of my God by reading them) this, "Why are you living in luxurious houses while my house lies in ruins? this is what the Lord Almighty says: Consider how things are going for you! You have planted much but harvested little. You have food to eat, but not enough to fill you up. You have wine to drink, but not enough to satisfy your thirst. You have clothing to wear, but not enough to keep you warm. Your wages disappear as though you were putting them in pockets filled with holes! (emphasis added)

So, is this simply because of the economic times my house is delaying sale or is it because me and my man are not currently tithing due to our lack of money? Don't get me wrong, we are surviving where we are and I am enjoying it also. But our dreams are elsewhere. Are they being delayed due to our lack of giving the first fruits? or is it a time where time and patience will sale the house and we will move on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.