Saturday, October 23, 2010

Committed



I'm about to make a statement that I DO NOT want to make - I am committing to losing weight for the next 28 days.  There I said it.  It's out in the open, if I turn back now I will look like a fool.  I actually found myself praying, "Lord, should I do this?"  As if there was anything to pray about.  My father has told me on numerous occasions that there are some things we do not have to pray over - such as "Lord, should I give 10% to the church?" or "Lord, should I stay in this marriage?"  Uh, yes to all of the above and yes, to mine!  I am 4' 10" and weigh 148.  Yes, you heard me correctly - 148 pounds.  TOO MUCH!  And yet I hesitate to lose weight.  Why?  Because it would mean I would have to exert self control.  Ah, there's the rub. 
So, what is my game plan?  Step 1: Detox my current diet.  I am at the point that I literally do not feel hungry anymore because I eat so often.  To those of you who are not like this you may find this hard to believe.  But for those of you who crave sweets, junk, Dr. Pepper, you know what I mean.  Step 2:  I will gauge my fitness level.  I realized today that it has been three months since I have been to the gym.  Three whole months!  How do I do this?  Why do I pay a monthly fee if I'm not going to take advantage of this wonderful facility?  Step 3:  Post in my journal daily.  This is where you come in.  I will post the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I want to see some measure of success in my life in regards to my weight.
For today - I am feeling apprehensive about this.  I am 31 years old and feel like I have NEVER had control of my weight.  So, how do I succeed now?  What will make the difference this time?  All I want to do right now is take a big swig of the Dr. Pepper I had at lunch as I pull up my granny panties from where my belly has forced them to roll down.  (Lovely mental image, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.