Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Highly Recommended!


If you are ever in the mood (as I often am) to be surrounded by good country folk not to mention quite a few rednecks, then the Eva Frontier Days' annual hayride is THE place to be!  Loved it , loved it, loved it.  It was like a feast for the eyes.  Numero Uno wants to move out to the country and this wonderful event was a big nudge for me - I mean what's not to love?  You really don't need to be concerned with the latest fashion because the 80's perm is still highly popular in these parts.  Don't get me wrong, my intentions are not to be mean, I truly love it in this kind of environment.  There were 1300 people in attendance at last night's hayride.  Trucks, trailers, and even a semi participated in the ride.  My favorite was this Jason Aldean wanna be in a truck that was jacked up so high I could've walked right under it without bending over.  I expected him to break out in "Johnny Cash" or "My Big Green Tractor" at any moment.

The weather was nice and the kids really enjoyed the ride.  The light of the full moon led the way on the back road trails.  $4 for a family of four to enjoy a hayride, a hot dog, and a coke is money well spent.  Eva did an excellent job in putting this together.  I just hate we can't make it to Saturday's parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.