Saturday, September 4, 2010

In My Room

Why do I feel the need to name every blog title after a song?  Oh well, maybe it helps me remember what I want to blog about. 
I'm up because Tres came to bed with us then wet the bed.  I changed her and got her back settled in but I am left awake.  I was so looking forward to sleeping in today because we do not have to be anywhere this morning.  Maybe the kids will all come in my room and we can all sleep late together. 
I am up to my eyeballs in auction planning.  Already, I feel like this year's auction will be better than last year's.  The people that have agreed to serve on the committee are awesome.  It is extremely exciting to be working with enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and willing volunteers.  It makes all the difference in the world when you can lay out a vision and the workers just take the idea and run with it.  I am not a big fan of "hand holding" during a project.  You do your task, I'll do mine is more of my philosophy.
We're 34 days out from Disney World.  I am already praying that God will protect us all from sickness and accidents that will prevent us from traveling.  I still have quite a bit of ironing out the details plus we have about $1300 more to have raised to meet my personal goal of $5000 for this trip.  The good news is $5000 is an amount I thought would cover ALL our wants for this trip.  All of our needs have been covered: resort, dining, tickets, and airfare.  The remaining $1300 includes $400 on an existing bill but $900 would go toward extras like: tips, souviners (sp?), eating out, etc. 
Dos and Tres are doing well in school.  I will say that I am learning it is difficult being a parent and raising your children to interact appropriately with others.  When I taught, I couldn't stand the parents that thought their child could do no wrong.  Now, that I'm realizing my children are not saints (I know, I was shocked too!) it is hard to see them get in trouble but I know it will be for their good to receive correction now. 
Well, I must go back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.