Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Princess

For the rest of my life, I am uncertain I will ever comprehend why God saw fit to bless me with a girl.  She is the most beautiful, amazing little girl I've ever known.  That being said she is my one child that can get under my skin faster than any of the others.  I have been in prayer for the last two days asking for God's forgiveness and restoration as I cultivate my relationship with her.  Because that's just what it is, a cultivation.  I'm laying the groundwork now for what our relationship will be in the future. 
She's bossy (like me), persistent, inquisitive (like me), and very tenderhearted.  These are qualities to be praised but some days (like yesterday) they get on my last nerve.  And I did not express kindness and compassion, I expressed frustration.  I can remember when I was a girl my Dad wouldn't express frustration at my tenderheartedness instead he would say, "I'm so glad you have a tender heart.  Remember to always keep your heart tender toward the Lord."  Lord, help me because honestly I love my girl SOOO much.  In fact, at our house we say "I love you to Pluto and back"  and sometimes my sweet baby girl takes it to the next level and says "I love you to God and back". 

Here she is in all her glory with one of her friends from dance class.

Tres is on the left.  Wow, I love my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.