Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I Would Like To Think...

I would like to think that I am one of those moms that has it pretty much together.  I don't beat the kids, I'm not a hoarder, I spend daily one on one time with each of my kids.  I would like to think I'm doing okay.  Don't get me wrong, I do not simply want to do "okay" I want to excel but today I will settle for "okay".  My comfort lies in the fact that I can look at numerous other blogs written by mamas and their last post dates are similar to mine:  "4 weeks ago"; "2 months ago"; "13 days ago"; etc.  My list get so crazy - especially here lately - that blogging daily goes to the bottom. 

Let us take a moment to laugh at my attempts at weight loss.  Ha, ha, ha!  Yes, I would like to lose weight but more in the sense of it falling off my body without any effort on my part.  Guess the weight loss issue for now will live to die another day. 

The 2nd Annual Holiday Auction is over with for another year - yay!  And it was a success:)  Now comes the hard part: the follow through.  Now I have to get everything wrapped up before I move on to whatever is next on my "list".  I hate endings, much prefer the beginnings.  Aaahh, if one would like to pause and ponder that revelation you would have a window to A LOT of my issues. 

Would you like to know our crazy weekend?  We spent 10 hours on the road Friday to go to Auburn, AL which is a 3 hour drive, stayed the weekend, and spent 7 hours on the return trip Sunday which was to be a 3 hour drive.  On Sunday we sat in our vehicle for 4 and half hours only 12 miles from our home due to a truck fire.  Upon getting off at our exit we got a phone call from Numero Uno's mother informing us that Tres was sick.  Crazy weekend!  However, I still enjoyed it.  We took Uno to Auburn's homecoming game.  Although we are not Auburn fans (Uno is our only fan), we enjoyed every minute of it.  We couldn't even remember the last time we just spent time with just the three of us.  It will be a treasured memory for a LONG time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.