Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Mourning into Dancing

So, I have recently discovered I have PCOS.  I think overall if I do what I'm supposed to do then this will not be a big deal.  I believe the low down is all of my important hormone levels are off plus I am insulin resistant.  I am on medicine for the insulin and trying to lose weight.  There's the rub!  I'm always trying to lose weight.  The doctor says the medicine may help me. 


Anyway I have been feeling pretty low lately.  Like something is "off" in my spirit.  Feelings like I am doing the same things over and over, making the same mistakes, having the same results.  I have a subscription to Whole Living magazine and although a lot of its focus is on "mindfulness" which tends to lend itself to Buddhism, I can find the usefulness of applying it to my Christian beliefs.  The articles do have truth in them although they are slightly misdirected.  Plus the articles that are like this are limited.  Couple the magazine reads with this Thanksgiving season and I have purposely tried to surround myself with a mindfulness of gratitude to God.  A friend of mine and I like to swap magazines and she gives me Home Life.  At first I wasn't a fan of the read; however, the more I get them the better the biblical advice coming to me.  Last night, me and the kids learned the memory verse, "You've turned my mourning into dancing..."  Shifting my purposeful focus on God has helped me feel better.  Admittedly I have not focused a lot of attention on God lately because I felt like He would be too invasive in my life but I'm finding out over and over, I need Him.  I need Him.

Today is a new day, a holiday weekend.  So much hope and promise and I am excited about the time with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.