Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 1 - done!

I am in to one week of attempting to lose weight.  I have slowly put on the pounds for so long now that it is slightly astounding at how much I weigh.  I have a goal of losing 50 pounds this year and thus far, I have lost 3.6 pounds.  I would like to lose 2 pounds per week.  Now, that being said, I'm a little annoyed that I have to give up my junk food.  However, I do have some good friends who have given me encouragement. 
I am following one friend's advice right now as I chew gum while trying not to think of Ben and Jerry's Phish Food that I would love to consume.  Plus, I checked out the book Made to Crave based on the recommendation of another friend.  And... I am now a part of a weight loss group via Facebook.  Lastly, I log my food intake on myfitnesspal.com  If I'm not fully equipped then I don't know who is:)

Is it fitting that I have entered this post with a picture of me next to a GIGANTIC cow?  I will say I am seven months pregnant in the pic:)

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! You can do this. I recently heard this phrase and it's pretty profound for me: "There's always pain. The pain of discipline or the pain of regret" You can choose to bust your tail and get your cardio in for 45 minutes for the day (pain of discipline) or beat yourself up for hours (pain of regret) because you didn't DO what you KNOW IS BEST for you. Same with your food intake too. I wrote this one down so I can remember it throughout the day. A good one to put on a sticky note on the fridge and on top of your workout shoes :) Glad to watch you go on this beautiful journey!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a thirty-three year old stay-at-home mom to four beautiful children. I am daily learning what it means to be a Christian who loves God.